Reef Encounter is an SSI Accredited training facility and has been offering outstanding scuba diving on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef for over 30 years.
The scuba dive crew at Reef Encounter are dive professionals with outstanding customer service to assist you with any aspect of your diving. Reef Encounter , the emphasis is on increased training in actual dive conditions.
A referral dive course is a course in which you conduct your pool and theory training with one dive school and your 4 open water training dives with another.
This way, you can complete the first part, the pool and theory training, at home in your spare time so you don’t have to spend as much time learning to dive once you start your holiday on the Great Barrier Reef
The referral dive course is held onboard Reef Encounter 3 day 2 night liveaboard trip.
As Reef Encounter is an SSI training facility, you need to make sure that you have done your initial open water training with an SSI training facility.
Great Barrier Reef liveaboard, Reef Encounter is the pride of the Cairns liveaboard fleet, is permanently moored on the outer reef, cruising to a different dive location twice a day, we use our fast catamaran Reef Experience, to transfer you to and from the Reef Encounter.
The staterooms onboard are double, twin with private ensuite and large windows overlooking the Great Barrier Reef
3 Day Referral Dive Course Itinerary
Day 1: Diving the Outer Great Barrier Reef
8:00 am Depart Cairns onboard Reef Experience for a fast transfer to the outer reef where you will be transferred to the Reef Encounter.
Onboard Reef Experience you will enjoy a BBQ breakfast and join our Marine Biologist presentation Once on the reef you will do your first 2 open water training dives
Day 2: complete 2 open water training dives – you are now a certified diver! Now to get some experience as a certified diver and do your first scuba dive with your buddy. That night you might like to experience the thrill of a night dive !
Day 3: 2 more dives returning to Cairns onboard Reef Experience . Arriving in Cairns at approximately 4:30 pm
Referral Scuba Dive Course Commences
Daily from Cairns
International Open water certification
4 referral dives, 3 certified dives and 1 night dive !
2 nights accommodation onboard luxury liveaboard vessel Reef Encounter
All delicious chef prepared meals while onboard Reef Encounter
Professional friendly instructors
Bed linen and towels included
Prior Requirements For SSI Referral Dive Course
- Minimum age 12 years. Children under 15 years must be accompanied by a parent or adult
- Students must be able to swim at a basic level
- Students must have completed ALL SSI POOL TRAINING DIVES and ALL SSI THEORY LESSONS within the last 6 months
- Dive medical is compulsory in accordance with Australian Standard AS4005-1 if you are taking ANY medication, or have ANY medical condition, or have had surgery, or over the age of 45, or have a BMI over 30, or a waist size of over 102cm (male) or 88cm (female).
- Please note: Dive Medicals are undertaken at your own cost, fees are payable direct to the doctor.
- If you are unsure of any of the above, please consult your dive doctor.
- All passengers must bring referral paperwork from original instructor with them on-board or they must be referred online via the SSI ODIN system.
Please read the terms and conditions of each Great Barrier Reef tour. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities. We recommend that you do not fly in an aeroplane for at least 24 hours after participating in scuba activities.