Join us on this two-day reef and rainforest package! It is a beautiful way to experience the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest
Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef Tour
When visiting Port Douglas visiting the Great Barrier Reef will undoubtedly be high on your list of things to see and do. Our Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef Tour is the perfect scuba dive and snorkel day tour to the outer edge of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef!
On your Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef cruise, you have the choice to snorkel and (certified) scuba dive at three sites on Agincourt Reef. Part of the world-famous Ribbon Reefs, Agincourt Reef, is on the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef.
Meet The Locals!
Scuba diving or snorkelling at Agincourt Reef will allow you to come face to face with reef sharks, barracuda, turtles, Maori Wrasse, Parrotfish and Cuttlefish.
During May to September, the Port Douglas Great Reef Tour has a special permit allowing passengers to swim with the Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered.
- 0815 – Boarding at the Reef Marina, Port Douglas
- 0830 –Depart the marina for the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 1020 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
- 1130 – Arrive at 2nd location
- 1200 – Lunchtime
- 1330 – Arrive at 3rd location & afternoon tea is served
- 1440 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 1615 – Approximately Arrival time at Port Douglas Marina
- Three outer reef locations(weather permitting)
- All snorkelling equipment (except wetsuits)
- Free return coach transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation
- Morning tea and coffee with muffins
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns, cold meats, salads and bread
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Lycra suits & Flotation devices /Buoyancy aids
- Freshwater showers
- Prescription masks available
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake & fruit platter
- Environmental Management Fee is included
- Certified Diving
- Introductory Dive
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- Wetsuit hire
- Professional photographer service on board
- Fully licensed bar
What To Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- Certification card for certified divers
Important Information for Scuba Diving
Safety Comes First!
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We strongly recommend that all passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible
Dreaming Day Tour With Ngadiku Walk
Daintree Aboriginal Dreaming Day Tour will take you on a journey in heritage, ancient culture and traditions of the Kuku Yalanji people. Travel north of Port Douglas to Cooya Beach.
On this fun, exclusive day tour allows you to join an authentic Aboriginal cultural experience. You will learn to identify plants used for bush medicines. Learn traditional fishing and hunting and gathering techniques in the search for mud crabs, mussels and small fish.
You will experience a traditional smoking ceremony and a guided walk through at Mossman George. Immerse yourself in the lush rainforest of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest.
Dreaming Day Tour Itinerary
Cultural Walk and Talk
- 0930 – Just north of Port Douglas is beautiful Cooya Beach which is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people. Join one of the Kubirri Warra brothers Linc or Brandon on their beach, mudflat and mangrove walk. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems which are all connected – beach, mangrove and coastal reef. Learn the traditional fishing and hunting techniques to catch your tucker (food). Your catch may include crabs, mussels and fish, cooked up for everyone to share with homemade damper on the balcony of the family home.
- 1215 – Travel to Mossman Gorge Centre and while there you will feast on a delicious lunch infused with the local flavours and served at the edge of the rainforest. There is also time to explore the gallery, filled with artworks from prominent and emerging local artists of the area.
Step Back In Time
- 1300 – You will be welcomed to Country at Mossman Gorge with a traditional smoking ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a spiritual cleansing, warding off evil spirits and ensuring that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured by them.
- 1315 – After lunch, you will wander into the lush rainforest of the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park – Mossman Gorge. Experience one of the world’s oldest and most beautiful rainforests with your guide. Walking across boardwalks, tracks and bridges that adorns spectacular waterfalls and mountain ranges. Your guide will explain the rich flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem of this amazing rainforest. We are privileged to be given access to an area of Mossman Gorge that most are not usually allowed to go. Ensure you bring your bathers, so you can make the most of the beautiful private swimming hole that is encased by rainforest.
- 1530 – You will depart Mossman Gorge and head back down the coastal road to Cairns where your tour will finish
- * Please note tour can operate in reverse depending on tide times.
- 2 Hour coastal & mangrove walk
- Traditional gathering, fish, spear throwing & handling
- Catch land and sea bush tucker (food)
- Eat your ‘Catch of the day’ with homemade damper (traditional Australian bread)
- Welcome ceremony
- Guided walk tour through Mossman George
- Swim at our private watering hole at Mossman George
- Lunch at Mossman George Centre
- Return bus transfers
What to Bring
- Insect repellent,
- Towel, swimming clothes
- Bottle of water
2 Day Reef and Rainforest
Great Barrier Reef Tour Port Douglas
We accept Visa Card or MasterCard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein.
Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 40372700.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of
damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the
wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other
expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done by contacting our friendly reservations team.
SCUBA DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government
• You will be required to complete a Medical Questionnaire before participating in any Scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor on
For example: Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler, Brain, spinal cord or nervous/anxiety disorder, Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint. Chronic sinus condition, Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax), Diabetes, Chest Surgery, Heart Disease of any kind high, blood pressure, Crones Disease, however medical conditions are not limited to the aforementioned there are many other conditions.
• If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our Office before booking your dive.
• It is the Passenger's Responsibility to be proactive in relation to their medical conditions and taking of medications to ensure they are ok to scuba dive if they wish to do so
on the day.
• If you have not been proactive in checking with our office regarding any medical issues prior to your Reef Trip, you must be aware that details of your medication will be sent
to the Queensland Dive Doctors on the Day of Travel. This can be difficult for the Dive Doctors as they do not know your medical history. We can only give them information
submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
• Prior and existing Medical conditions where medication is not being taken cannot be sent to the Dive Doctors therefor important to contact our office.
• Please be advised that if you are not allowed to Scuba Dive due to your medical condition/medication that this is the decision from the Queensland Dive Doctors and their
decision is final.
• DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions and you should be fine to scuba dive as it is the medication that can be the problem when
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba
Dive, Please Contact Our Office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you and can contact the Dive Doctors before your
trip to see whether you will need a dive medical or not. Alternatively, consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms 'AS.4005.1.'
Daintree Aboriginal Dreaming Day Tour
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700.