Green Island is a beautiful coral cay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef off the Queensland coast from the city of Cairns.
Green Island is a Marine National Park uniquely rain-forested and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs and abundant marine life.
Getting to Green Island
- Green Island Ferry is a fast air-conditioned catamaran.
- Travel time to Green Island is 45 minutes from Cairns.
- The friendly crew will help you to organise your activities to make the most of your time on Green Island.
Green Island Inclusions
- Cruise to Green Island aboard a modern catamaran
- Morning Tea and Coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self-guided Eco Island walk booklet may be collected from the Green Island Information Desk.
- Green Island’s lifeguard patrolled beach is ready for you to swim and snorkel right from the beach.
- Passengers can take part in the many activities available or simply relax on the beach.
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
Green Island Information
- Child Fare 4-14 years inclusive
- Family Fare is 2 adults and 2 children
- Infants 3 years and under are free
How to get there
Cairns City Zoo
A spectacular all-weather wildlife exhibit enclosed by a 20-metre high glass dome on top of Cairns iconic Reef Hotel Casino.
Cairns Wildlife Dome
On the very top of the Cairns Reef Hotel Casino is the spectacular all-weather wildlife dome.
Cairns Wildlife Dome and Zoom Highlights
This Package includes either Mid Zoom and High Zoom or Power Jump and Dome-Climb
- Great fun for the whole family – encounter Australia’s wildlife, flora and fauna up close!
- Zip Line over our 4-metre crocodile!
- Mid-Cairns Zoom adventure – an easier level of difficulty, suitable for initial training
- Hi-Cairns Zoom adventure – a series of complex crossings and ziplines including a zip line over our 4-metre crocodile!
- Power jump – free fall adventure from a 13-metre high tower
- Dome Climb – one of the best ways to see Cairns City, this easy walk around the outside of the Cairns Dome showcases spectacular views of the surrounding land and seascapes. Available for all abilities
- Daily shows including koala feeding, python presentation, saltwater croc talk, Australian mammal talk and bird feeding tour
- Professional photography with koalas, snakes and crocodiles available
- Souvenir gift shop
Cairns City Zoo Itinerary
During the day the staff at the Cairns City Zoohost guided walks and animal presentations.
Cairns City Zoo Show Timetable
- 10:00 Bird Feed Out Tour
- 11:00 Python Talk
- 12:00 Freshwater Crocodile Talk
- 13:00 Fish & Turtle Talk – NEW
- 14:00 Koala Talk
- 14:30 Behavioural Enrichment Toy Interaction (Mon/Wed/Fri) – NEW
- 15:00 Estuarine Crocodile Talk
- 16:00 Mammal Talk
- 17:00 Frogmouth / Kookaburra Feeding
- 9:30a – 10:30am – 11:30 – 12:30pm – 13:30pm – 14:30pm – 15:30pm – 16:30pm – 17:15
- Ticket includes all shows and presentations.
- Ticket valid from re-entry all day and for the next 4 days.
- Cairns City Zoo & ZOOM is open from 9 am to 9 pm and is fully lighted, offering visitors an exciting new day/evening activity.
- Located close to the Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns ZOOM is an ideal evening activity for passengers returning from the reef at the end of the day.
Good to know
- Must be over 120 cms tall and less than 120 kg for easier activities and over 140 cms tall and less than 120kg for more challenging activities.
- Highest Safety Standards: Participants are connected via a harness to a safety cable system from which they are unable to accidentally disconnect or fall during activities.
- Family pass is for 2 adults and 2 children.
How to get there
- Cairns City Zoo and Cairns ZOOM, corner of Wharf & Abbott Street on top of the Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns City. Cairns Zoom is open all day from 9 am – 9 pm so you can choose the times that suit you best.
Green Island – Cairns Wildlife Dome and Zoom
Green Island Day Trip
We accept Visa Card or MasterCard, E-Way and PayPal.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein.
Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 40372700.
Children 4-14 years.
Children under 3 years free of charge.
Family fare: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family.
Normal fare applies for additional children.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the
wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other
expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done by contacting our friendly reservations team.
SCUBA DIVING / HELMET DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government
• You will be required to complete a Medical Questionnaire before participating in any Scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor on
For example: Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler, Brain, spinal cord or nervous/anxiety disorder, Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint. Chronic sinus condition, Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax), Diabetes, Chest Surgery, Heart Disease of any kind high, blood pressure, Crones Disease, however medical conditions are not limited to the aforementioned there are many other conditions.
• If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our Office before booking your dive.
• It is the Passenger's Responsibility to be proactive in relation to their medical conditions and taking of medications to ensure they are ok to scuba dive if they wish to do so
on the day.
• If you have not been proactive in checking with our office regarding any medical issues prior to your Reef Trip, you must be aware that details of your medication will be sent
to the Queensland Dive Doctors on the Day of Travel. This can be difficult for the Dive Doctors as they do not know your medical history. We can only give them information
submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
• Prior and existing Medical conditions where medication is not being taken cannot be sent to the Dive Doctors therefor important to contact our office.
• Please be advised that if you are not allowed to Scuba Dive due to your medical condition/medication that this is the decision from the Queensland Dive Doctors and their
decision is final.
• DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions and you should be fine to scuba dive as it is the medication that can be the problem when
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba
Dive, Please Contact Our Office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you and can contact the Dive Doctors before your
trip to see whether you will need a dive medical or not. Alternatively, consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms 'AS.4005.1.'
Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pickup time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request. * Height and weight restrictions apply for all Cairns Zoom activities. Must be over 120cms tall and less than 120kg for mid-ZOOM and dome walk activities and over 140cms tall and less than 120kg for high-ZOOM and power jump activities.
* Family pass is for 2 adults and 2 children